bookkeeper job opening
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented self-starter who can problem-solve and work independently to join our team. This role will primarily be responsible for managing overall General Ledger transactions, journal entries, assisting Senior Leadership in the preparation of month-end and year-end close, processing payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, processing/reconciling credit card and other financial transactions, from fixed payments, variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets as well as sales tax filing. Working with and in these systems is a critical component of the role.
The ideal candidate will be relied on for on-going support of the team and have opportunities to assist and/or lead special projects. Strong work ethic, attendance, and consistent high-quality work and performance are required for this position.
This is a hands-on role that requires attention to detail and a willingness to contribute to numerous financial and administrative areas.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain an accurate record of all financial and accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publishing financial statements
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings activities and General Ledger transaction processing.
- Managing and reconcile accounts payable and receivable (including vendor payments).
- Ensure timely bank payments and perform bank related activities
- Process and reconcile credit cards
- Prepare sales tax returns
- Manage balance sheets, prepare profit/loss statements, and reconcile journal entries into the accounting system
- Report on the company’s financial health by compiling data and performing variance analyses and commentary regarding significant differences
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Provide support with special projects (as needed).
- Qualifications include:
- Positive “can do”attitude
- Collaborative work style and strong work ethic
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), to comply with reporting.
- Strong attention to detail with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum two (2) years business experience in General Accounting roles
- Hands-on experience with accounting software such as Quickbooks Online
- Intermediate skill level or above with MS Excel and Word
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Naples, FL 34109: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bookkeeping: 4 years (Preferred)