If you haven’t planned out every marketing task for 2017, consider these trends. And even if you have filled out your editorial calendars, take a look. Content marketing is evolving fast (it’s digital – fast is a given). You need to be building not just for next year, but for 2018 and beyond.
1. Get better at content marketing.
2. Mobile. There’s more traffic on the Internet from mobile devices than from desktops. You know where this mobile thing is headed, right? Apps. Got an app yet?
3. Facebook. Facebook is still the most-used social media platform for small businesses.
4. Visual content. Snapchat, Instagram, and Pinterest. If you haven’t embraced using images in your marketing (and are using them extensively), it’s time.
5. Video content. Moving pictures. Like images, video is so core to the Internet experience that entire platforms have evolved from the format. YouTube. Snapchat. Facebook Live and Twitter’s video options are attempts to try to keep up.
6. User-generated content. News flash: 85% of people trust content made by others more than they trust brands’ content. Time to shift tactics. More social shares, reviews, comments, and even YouTube videos.
7. Promotion matters. Aka – advertising. Most successful content marketers pay to promote their content.
8. Personalization. It’s the new edge. More than just sprinkling peoples’ first names in here and there, we’re talking about personalized content recommendations, apps that offer a “choose your own adventure” style experience for buyers, and more.
The list goes on and on, but let Wilson Creative Group customize this list of digital marketing needs you have. Of course, we’ll check it twice.